Day 2: Repentance
- Lord, I confess my sins and ask for Your forgiveness and mercy (1 John 1:9).
- Father, help me to turn away from any habits or attitudes that are displeasing to You and to walk in Your ways (Ezekiel 18:30-32).
- Holy Spirit, I pray for a spirit of brokenness and humility in my heart so that I may truly repent and seek Your face (Psalm 51:17).
- Father, please reveal any areas of my life where I need to repent and turn to You (Psalm 139:23-24).
- Lord, I ask for Your grace and strength to live a holy and righteous life that honors You in everything (Titus 2:11-14).
- Father, help me to remember that Your love and forgiveness are always available to me, no matter how far I have strayed (Luke 15:11-24).
- Lord, I pray for the courage to confess my sins to others and to seek their forgiveness where needed (James 5:16).
- Holy Spirit, I ask that You would convict me of any sins that I have not yet recognized or confessed and help me to repent of them (John 16:8).
- Father, I pray for a deeper understanding of Your holiness and a greater reverence for Your name (Psalm 111:9).
- Lord, I thank You for Your amazing grace and the promise of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Dear brothers and sisters, as we continue our 21 days of prayer and fasting, let us focus on repentance. The story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-24 is a powerful reminder of God’s love and forgiveness. Just as the father welcomed back his wayward son with open arms, so our heavenly Father welcomes us when we turn back to Him with sincere hearts. Let us confess our sins before God, turn away from our old ways, and embrace a new life in Christ. As we humble ourselves before God, He promises to hear our prayers, forgive our sins, and restore us to a right relationship with Him. May we draw near to Him with a sincere heart, and may He transform us into His likeness day by day. Let us press on in faith, for the Lord is faithful to complete the good work that He has begun in us!
Dear God, we come before you today with humble hearts, acknowledging our sinfulness and the ways in which we have fallen short of your glory. We confess our sins before you and ask for your forgiveness, knowing that you are faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Help us to turn away from our old ways and embrace a new life in Christ, one that is marked by holiness and righteousness. We pray for a spirit of brokenness and humility, that we may draw near to you with sincerity and openness of heart. We ask that you reveal to us any areas of our lives where we need to repent and turn back to you. Thank you for your love and forgiveness, and for your promise to restore us to a right relationship with you. We pray that you would transform us into your likeness day by day and that we would press on in faith, knowing that you are faithful to complete the good work that you have begun in us. In Jesus’ name, we pray, amen.
Revd Sam Adeyemi