Theme Breaking the Chain of Procrastination
Bible Text and Verses:
“Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.” – Proverbs 6:6-8 (NIV)
“Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.” – Romans 12:11 (ESV)
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” – James 1:22 (ESV)
As Christians, we are called to be productive and use our time and talents to further the Kingdom of God. However, one of the biggest challenges we face is procrastination, which can keep us from achieving our goals and living up to our potential. Procrastination is a chain that can hold us back from fulfilling God’s plan for our lives, but with His help, we can break free from this bondage and live in the freedom of His grace.
- Ask God for forgiveness if you have been procrastinating on the tasks, He has given you.
- Pray for God’s motivation and discipline to break the chains of procrastination in your life.
- Ask God to help you prioritize your time and energy, and to give you the strength and focus to follow through on your commitments.
- Pray for the wisdom to know when to say no to distractions and other commitments that may be hindering your productivity.
- Ask God to help you set realistic and achievable goals, and to give you the perseverance to see them through.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you in your daily activities and to help you make the most of every opportunity.
- Ask God to help you stay focused on Him and His purposes for your life, and avoid getting sidetracked by worldly pursuits.
- Pray for accountability and support from fellow believers who can encourage and challenge you to stay on track.
- Ask God to help you cultivate a mindset of excellence and diligence in all that you do, as unto Him.
- Pray for the grace to rest in God’s love and acceptance, knowing that your worth is not based on your productivity, but on your identity in Christ.
Let Us Pray:
Father, we come before You today, confessing our tendency to procrastinate and waste time. We ask for Your forgiveness and for Your help in breaking the chains of this bondage in our lives. We pray for Your motivation and discipline to guide us in our daily activities, and for Your wisdom to help us prioritize our time and energy. We ask for Your strength and focus to follow through on our commitments, and for the perseverance to see them through to completion. Help us to cultivate a mindset of excellence and diligence in all that we do, as unto You. Give us the grace to rest in Your love and acceptance, knowing that our worth is not based on our productivity, but on our identity in Christ. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Revd Sam Adeyemi