Theme: Breaking the Chain of Generational Curses
Scripture Reading: Exodus 20:5-6; Galatians 3:13-14
As we continue our 21 days of prayer and fasting, today’s theme is about breaking the chain of generational curses. A generational curse is a negative pattern of behaviour, attitude or belief that is passed down from one generation to another. It can affect various aspects of our lives, including relationships, health, finances, and spiritual growth. However, through the power of Christ, we can break these chains and live a life of freedom and abundance.
1. Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus and ask for your mercy and forgiveness for any sins of my ancestors that may have caused generational curses in my life.
2. I declare that I am a child of God, and every curse that was spoken against me and my family is broken by the blood of Jesus.
3. Lord, I repent of any negative patterns or behaviours that I have inherited from my family line. I ask for your grace and power to overcome them.
4. I break every curse of poverty, sickness, addiction, and fear that has been passed down through my family line.
5. I declare that I am blessed and highly favoured by God, and I receive the fullness of His blessings in every area of my life.
6. Lord, I pray for my family members who may be under the influence of generational curses. I ask that you break the chains of bondage and release them into your freedom and grace.
7. I declare that I am no longer bound by the negative patterns of my past, but I am a new creation in Christ Jesus.
8. Father, I ask for your wisdom and guidance to discern any areas of my life where I may be under the influence of generational curses. Help me to break free and live a life of victory.
9. I declare that I am an overcomer, and every plan of the enemy to bring destruction and harm to my life and my family is null and void in Jesus’ name.
10. Lord, I thank you for your faithfulness and your grace that enables me to break the chain of generational curses. I receive your freedom and your blessings in Jesus’ name.
Let Us Pray:
Heavenly Father, we thank you for the power of the blood of Jesus that breaks every chain of generational curses. We declare that we are no longer bound by the negative patterns of our past, but we are free to live a life of victory and abundance in Christ Jesus. We ask for your wisdom and guidance to discern any areas of our lives that need to be transformed by your grace. We receive your forgiveness and your blessings in every area of our lives. We pray for our families and loved ones who may be under the influence of generational curses. We ask that you break the chains of bondage and release them into your freedom and grace. We declare that every curse is broken, and we are blessed to be a blessing to others. In Jesus’ name, we pray,
Revd Sam Adeyemi